Well it seems that some of you need a little help in the boot department, as I received responses like:
- “Does Fuller Fillies have wide calf and wide width as well? I have large calves AND the balls of my feet and wide. Double whammy, *eye roll*”
- “How about for large feet? I am 5’11 and will wear a ladies 11 or 12 depending on the make.”
FEAR NOT, LADIES! I’ve got the answers to all your questions!! I’ve done my boot research and I am now a brilliant boot expert! OK, OK….I’m not an expert, but I did find some great info.
FF is going to be the go-to brand for those of you English Riders with really wide feet or calves. Fuller Fillies boots run wider than the average “skinny person” boot and are meant specifically to fit a wide foot. They offer 3 different boot styles. The Show Boot, The Field Boot, and the Country Boot.
- Sizes: UK 4-11 and US 6-13
- Calf Widths: Wide (15-18″ calves) and X-wide (17-20″ calves)
- Heights: Short, Standard, and Tall
- EXCEPTIONS: No tall options in UK4/US6 & UK5/US7 or short options in UK10/US12 & UK11/US13
The origianl Muck Brand boot brand not only produces excellent quality, highly functional, and super durable Muck boots…..they offer a riding boot as well. This boot is certainly not for the show ring, but offers a good quality water and weather proof boot ideal for trail riding, schooling, or working in any conditions
These boots offer:
- Stretch-fit topline binding snugs calf to keep warmth in and cold out
- 5mm CR flex-foam bootie with four-way stretch nylon
- 100% waterproof, lightweight and flexible
- Additional achilles reinforcement for added protection
- Quick-clean rubber overlay
- Added toe protection with a wrap-up toe bumper
- Durable, lightweight rubber outsole with steel shank
- Wide-cut heel base for stability.
Dublin Brand features the “Aristocrat Dress Boot” . This boot comes up to a women’s size 11 and is offered in Wide and X-wide calf widths.
Ovation brand offers the Ovation ladies “Gold Pro Wide Field Boot” up to a size 11. This boot come in an X-Wide or XX-Wide calf width!
For those of you who like the look of a Dubarry boot (Okay and the brand name…after all it’s all about the brand name, isn’t it?) but HATE the skinny little calf and ankle openings that there is just NO WAY you could ever squeeze into…enter the Dubarry Galway ExtraFit boot which features an added 2 inches of calf width as well as more room across the in-step to make entry to the boot easier! These boots are beautiful and well made, but use caution….they come with a hefty price tag. US women’s sizes 6-11.